How to say I'm sorry in Spanish

"I'm sorry" and "Thank you" are two of the most common expressions that we learn in the first phrase of learning a language. Here in this article, we will show you different ways to say I'm sorry in Spanish language and how to use these expressions in different context and situations with English translation. And learn spanish to english!

How to say I'm sorry in Spanish?

1. Excuse me - Perdón /perr-donn/

In Spanish, perdón is often used in everyday incidents or minor. For example, when you accidentally bump into someone or interrupt someone.
You can also say perdóname /perr-donn-ah-may/ if you want to give a more direct apology.

2. Disculpa /dees-kool-pah/

means "forgive me" in English. It can be used for minor incidents.
tú disculpa should be used when making an informal apology while usted disculpe for formal one.

3. lo siento /loh syenn-toh/

Used to express remorse or ask for forgiveness. This phrase is often used when you make a serious mistake. 

You can also say "lo siento mucho" or "lo siento muchísimo" which means I'm so sorry or I'm very sorry in English.
I'm sorry in Spanish language

4. Lo lamento /loh lah-menn-toh/

literally means "I regret it". Used to express deep regret or remorse in a more serious situation.
lo lamento mucho /loh lah-menn-toh moo-cho/ - I'm terribly sorry.

5. Other useful phrases and expressions to say I'm sorry in Spanish

I'm sorry about what happened - siento lo ocurrido
a thousand apologiesmil disculpas
I owe you an apology - te debo una disculpa
please accept my apology - le ruego me disculpe
I was wrong or it's my fault - me equivoqué / es culpa mía

For more useful expressions and phrases, keep following our site!


Popular posts